What is the Difference between Human Hair Wigs and Synthetic Fibre Wigs
There are many pros and cons for both Human Hair Wigs and Synthetic Hair Wigs. In the past Human hair wigs have always been seen as the superior product and to this day still have several advantages over Synthetic fibres. However with advancements in fibre technology some of the new fibres available are providing a more affordable and yet very realistic alternative to the ever increasingly expensive Human hair Wigs.
- They are very versatile as they can be styled with heat such as Hair Dryers and straightening irons which giving you greater flexibility with regards to changing the look of your wig. It can also be dyed or have highlights/foils put through it, although care needs to be taken when doing so and it is often recommended that this be done by a professional experienced in dealing with wigs.
- The natural and soft feel of the Hair provides a more realistic look and feel. Being natural hair ir also moves like your own hair would when affected by head movement or wind etc..It also does not have excessive shine as some cheaper synthetics can have.
- With proper care and attention they can last considerably longer than most synthetic fibre wigs – some wearers report that with a little extra care their wigs last over a year, even when wearing them every day.
- More care is needed to maintain the wigs, as compared to synthetic wigs as the hair can dry out and the use of heat when styling also means more care needs to be taken to keep the hair looking good. They is also more susceptible to breakage when brushing and therefore they can need a little maintenance by a wig maker which adds to the overal cost of the wig.
- These wigs do not hold their styling as well as synthetics so they require more styling. If you require the style to have some wave or curl, you may find yourself having to re-curl the hair after washing as the curl is not permanent
- Synthetic wigs are more affordable as the fibre is easier to produce and hence more ready available and cheaper when compared to good quality Human Hair.
- Advancements in fibre technology means that synthetics can look nearly as natural and people can often struggle to tell the difference without closely examining the wig.
- The less maintenance needed makes Synthetic wigs more attractive to people who are burdened by medical conditions as they are often busy dealing with treatment or recovering from treatment to find the time needed to care for a Human Hair Wig. Synthetics provide the ease of “wear and Go” and often only need a light combing after washing or in between wears
- Synthetics are not as affected by Humid or Dry conditions. The individual fibres can also be stronger than the Human hair. human hair wig
- Excessive heat will damage synthetic fibres so you are limited in the amount of styling that can be done to a synthetic wig. Basically anything that generates more than around 60oC will damage the fibre
- Synthetics fibre is more prone to abrasion during wear and will require replacing more frequently – usually between 4 – 6 months as compared to 9 – 12 months for Human Hair wigs.
In Conclusion there are pros and cons for both Human hair Wigs and Synthetic Fibre Wigs. So it really comes down to your personal wants and needs with relation to the look you want to achieve, the time you are prepared to allow for caring for the wig and your budget.